Sunday 5 December 2010

Flying home to soul

"Some have a style
That they work hard to refine
So they walk a crooked line
But she won't understand
Why anyone would have to try
...To walk a line when they could fly" - The Bangles

I read this on another persons Blog - a person who once commented on my own in passing. I have read about her sadness and her loss and her daily song.
She hasn't written for a while and I somehow am missing her. I don't know her. I don;t know what it is to lose a sister but I do know what it is to lose a precious person. I miss my mum.
Just the other day I was driving home. I can't remember what it was that triggered the thought ut something I felt pleased about. I thought if my mum were alive I would call her and have a chat with her. In a instant I thought I will call my mum and an image of her flashed before me. And tehn I remembered again that she was dead.
This was al in a matter of very quick moments. I lurched forward over my steering wheel and sobbed with the pain of my loss of my mum. She was a remarkable woman. Very fey. Livlier than life itself. Gosh she was very present whenever she was in the room.
I am not sure what she would make of my life now. No longer the high flying executive. I am not the way I think she thought I should be. I always was this person I think - and it's as if I am flying home to be with me.
I have wings and I am flying.


Blissxx

No comments:

Post a Comment