Sunday 20 March 2011

The Mysterious loneliness at Sunset Woods

                          
I went for a beautiful walk with LouLou, only the second since her stitches have been taken out. The sun coming to rest behind the hill gradually, filling the sky with wisps of primrose yellow, orange and a fiery pink brushed across in threads and tufts. Blossom bursting into flowers everywhere. Bright yellow daffodils in abundance, despite Jack Frosts icy fingers painting everything with chilly lace the other morning, extending their cheery faces as if to be noticed each and every one of them.
It was fresh, the air biting on my cheeks.And then suddenly, the stake went through my heart. I doubled with the pain. I felt the empty space beside me, where JH was meant to be. Each step became heavy, dark swirling mist swirling around my ankles. Tears rolling down my freezing cheeks, stinging. Heartbreak lumping in my throat, breathy gasps for air. The woods became suddenly bleak and I could barely see the sunset glow and colours through the murky mist, the air quite poisonous and the busy bird songs became distant.
When oh when will this leave me? When will my heart mend? When will the wilderness left by his absence fade away and I will feel complete with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment