Saturday 28 April 2012

On a banal barge

Just had my hair cut. Now for most I realise this is something that is part of life. For me it's such a big deal. I really am uncomfortable with the whole process of going to the salon. And then they expect me to know what I want done and all I want is to look like Angelina Jolie or someone equally as stunning and sexy. It never happens.
So they ask me how much to take off and do I want layers etc etc. I have absolutely NO idea.
But this girl is really gentle and talks through suggestions. She isn't too radical as I can tend to think radical but be too scared to be radical. She is moderate yet experimental. And she seems to know how to manage my strangely curly/straight mix of hair.
She doesn't force products and colours or try to sell sell sell another appointment. Also she takes me to a quieter region of the salon away from all the "flirtiness" of the fashion conscious glamour pusses. And best of all, she doesn't want to chat about stuff I really am not interested in. I don't need her to be my friend or counsel me and I really just want her to concentrate and do her job well and get me the hell outta there!
So all is well. It's the first time in I can't remember how many decades that I've returned to the same hairdresser - well this was my second visit in about 6 months so this is definitely working for me.
And I quite like the cut. Shorter and graduated at the back. Still scrunch dried as I cannot be bothered with all that styling and brushing etc. Also I'm gradually getting rid of the colour to see how it looks a natural greying colour
We'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment