Sunday 24 June 2012

Dalai Lama in Aldershot

I was there! He was there! It wasn't easy to really make out what he was saying clearly. But I liked his reminder that the Buddha is within and this lifetime is about getting in touch with the Buddha within. Serenity and Grace comes from being in touch with the Buddha within. My words not his. And he talked about mutual respect, peace, compassion and love. All things I really aspire to. But fall short of as son as my fear is tapped into. I have hope that if I keep practising the principles of quiet time. thought and prayer and bringing Buddha and the essence of Buddha, or God, into my daily life then I can be loving, compassionate and peaceful with anyone. I pray to be respectful of everyone I encounter. I think with this I will find grace and serenity and the courage to be me.
What did he say exactly. Maybe someone soon will produce a transcript. According to a friend at Eagle even the Nepalese couldn't make out what the translator was saying. The Dalai Lama spoke in English but I think a combination of his accent and a bad PA system it was very difficult to fully understand. A pity!




















No comments:

Post a Comment