Sunday 29 July 2012

Judgement Day

I made it. I got to visit Sister N. I was an hour late. She had set up tea and cakes. She was disappointed that I didn't want to eat them and said "after all that" and I felt guilty but I think it's probably her English too. And even more alarmed that I only wanted hot water to drink.
We chatted and she enquired about addiction. I explained it as an illness. She asked then the question if homosexuality was an illness. I said no it was a sexuality. But she really sees it as something that needs to be suppressed. I felt quite angry at this. She made the argument that like she has made a commitment to a marriage with Jesus and therefore to celibacy she has had to learn to suppress her human desires and urges. So in the name of God it seemed to me she was making a judgement. She said that the Church would not condone homosexuality as it would be contributing the downfall of the family unit. That gay sex was not human. I felt more and more annoyed but I also need to remember that she has no direct and personal experience so how on earth is she supposed to know. All her knowledge comes from the church. When she said she prays for them I thought it was arrogant. As if she is praying for them to get well from something. She explained that just as she does everyone else she prays for them to get closer to God. She ha been praying that for me. She prayed to God she told me to bring someone closer to God. And then I called. She looked tearful as she said it, saying that she believed I was the one she was praying for without knowing it. I feel closer to God. She wants me to take up the Catholic faith. I don;t think I can with all the doctrinations. But I can use it as a way to get closer to God. I want to be closer to God.
God please guide me to get closer to you. Thank you.
Thank you God for Sister N. She is one beautiful woman.

A lovely afternoon. I didn't like leaving LouLou in the car. But there was no option as Sister N certainly wasn't going to invite her into the house.I thought she might but of course she likes cats.

She gave me some lovely gifts. A scented rosary, two little books, one about the Saints and it's good for me to know the pain they went through yet kept their faith. That takes courage and strong trust. Staying consistent too, usually dying in the name of God. A little meditation book and Sister Teresa of Calcutta's prayer. Oh 2 lettuces, 1 keyring from Roma and another pen keyring also from Roma.
She also asked if there's anything I need, carpets etc because she understood that I am not well off. I thanked her very kindly and said that I have more than I need and remember my gratitude.

I need to call T, She is off on her travels tomorrow but I am also drained by her very easily. I will call her as I promised to.

Bliss
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment