Monday 4 August 2014

Ego versus laziness or conviction! Go with the flow ......

Well it seems it's for me to work on my niggles and criticisms and judgements with PD and also go ahead with AC. It's all steam ahead for AC.

Or is it ? Please guide me in my decision making process. And there's always layer upon layer to decipher.
What do I need to do to do the best? I want to work with people. I am passionate about working with people and helping them change where they want change.

Here's my decision tool in use again

Dilemma: AC  continues (yipeeee) and second interview with Priory
Date: 4th August 2014 Decision needed by wed 6th August 2014
Decision importance – weighty
Indecisiveness level: partisan
Best case scenario
Still to eventually set up own business – but to work for AC and PD with a third person, guaranteed for another year. Earn more money and be grateful for all that’s good. Get degree completed and then get some training organised next year in therapy.
Pipe dream – own business growth really
Worst Case scenario
Continue to be bored, critical, judgemental of PD. Piss the Priory off miss an opportunity

Gut feelings
Stick with PD and AC
Pluses – have lots of freedom and no responsibility other than as a counsellor. Get to do my studying. PD is now offering an increase in January and then again to £30k when he can.
Minuses – I do get bored and I’m not enhancing my counselling skills. I do disagree with PD and his ways and we have different ideas on therapy (but with the same ultimate goal)
Pluses – it’s another year guaranteed and in that time I can continue with my own little practice.
But I wonder whether I could negotiate 4 days per week at £28.5 as offered. Or I can run my private practice at weekends now I won’t be studying. Can I?
Minuses - I am pretty certain PD will want me full time L - maybe negotiable if we take on 3rd person as a 4 dayer.
Pluses – PD is already aware of desire to go to Singapore next year for 3 to 4 weeks
Minuses – I don’t think there really are many minuses except as already stated my criticism and judgement which I commit to working through. It means being more open in discussion with him.

Gut feelings
Go for the interview in case the money doesn’t come through (only if something happens to B will it not come through.
To be honest I don’t want to work for them
Pluses – after conversation with ET got really positive comments and also to be myself is okay which helped with interview. i.e. my selling abilities are very natural. I am aware that sometimes people are making enquiries and that’s part of my assessment – are they really contemplating but can sew the seed and keep occasional tabs in case they become ready. But also very aware of substance and behavioural addictions – role with their speed but also encourage. Have had success being persuasive where I can see there is an urgency and simply fear.  All that sort of thing.
Minuses – all things I’ve already said – it’s a corporate with no real care for their staff. Might change and even might be able to fight but do I really want to.
Pluses – go for the interview and see how I do.
Minuses – have to then say will think about it and say no – ugh the thought of letting them down that way but that’s the way things roll.
Pluses – yes would be able to develop contacts in my own name but could do that anyway and it’s not my main focus right now.
Minuses – hard work!
Pluses – not so many really – all a bit of ego!!!
Intuitive conclusion – stick with PD at AC and slowly develop self and own thing
Rational conclusion – stick with PD at AC
Decision – stick with PD at AC
Next steps – decide whether to cancel interview or not
Dilemma: Cancel interview or not?
Date 4th August 2014
Decision needed by am 5th August 2014

Decision importance: Worthwhile to weighty
Indecisiveness Level: washy
Best case scenario:
Can go along for interview, be offered the job and they will happily understand my decision not to take up the offer. – Not a pipe dream if I handle it appropriately
Worst case scenario:
Don’t get offered the job or they are really pissed off with me and I upset relationships
Apocalypse – yes to latter part of that not to first part – will get over that.
Gut feelings
Cancel interview
Pluses – fair and not wasting time as decision is pretty much made up – just a slight doubt that maybe I’m missing an opportunity.
Minuses – don’t get to find out if I can be good enough – that’s pride and ego
Pluses – well quite simply I do not have to give any more time to the interview prep or time tomorrow much needed for my essay.
Minuses – there aren’t any really. Oh except if B doesn’t wire the money to PD for any reason we are out of money very soon and can’t continue.
Go for interview
Pluses – get to feed my curiosity about the process and if I can do it and come out looking good
Minuses – wastes everyones time for a bit of ego

Intuitive conclusion – money will come through and go with decision to stay with PD so cancel interview ASAP
Rational conclusion – cancel interview as soon as know money is secure
Decision – cancel interview but get help to word how to do this
Tomorrow am
Next steps ask PD to let me know once money is secure. Not that it really matters.

I wonder how many people see me use the word God and are turned off because it has religious connotations. My God is not religious of course. It's spiritual principles, it's universal energy, it's people, it's life courses, it's feeling good by doing what I rally value deep down inside. My real principles!

I'd really love it some days people would read my posts and enter into discussions with me. I love the interaction. It's not a blog though that attracts people just to read life stuff that's going on. I ralise that's actually quite boring.
Hey ho!

Bliss
XX




No comments:

Post a Comment