Monday 6 April 2009

Blushing

My friend E called and asked what I am doing tonight. Squirmingly I said I am ging bell ringing. She smirkily said "On a Monday?!".
It is the most embarrassing hobby ever. And if "they" has said to me that in 8 years time when you have some clean time behind you, you will take up bell ringing, I swear that I would never ever have got clean.
It makes me laugh though. It's such a weird thing for me to be doing. The people are all ordinary somehow. They don't really talk much to me. I end up sitting on my own a lot. I think they really thought I was odd when I turned up on Halloween wearinga witches hat and all dressed in black. I took choccies along and mentioned that I had cast a spell on the chocs. He he he. M did pass a comment, something about there is probably a superstition about withces in churches. I AM NOT A WITCH! was what I wanted to scream YOU STUPID FOOL I AM JUST DRESSED UP FOR HALLOWEEN - GET IT?????? I didn't, I just took off my witches hat and rang bells .
This evening though is in G and A's garage. They are such entusiasts they have their own set hanging in their garage. They are a dinky little sound.
Listening to E and her difficulties around work, it's interesting. Hearing a lot of things I can relate to. I just want to be well managed and work for a professional outfit where everyone does it right! I have always thought that. But BA, Hoggs, even the Saurday jobs Biggs, Rowledge Stores - none of them had it right!
The world is full of fallible people some trying harder than others and I don;t like it. In a childlike way I want that grown up who knows everything and can make it all OK to exist. I hated discovering my mum was fallible. Bit she wasn't really. She was just the best and I dare anyone to say differently. Consequently there is huge difficulty when in therapy if anyone dares go into that zone!
Right off to bell ring with my fallible ordinaries

No comments:

Post a Comment