Monday 27 April 2009

Yay - abstinence achieved

I so wanted to eat when I got home tonight. I had eaten my meal including pudding before I left work. But just walking into my flat I wanted to eat. I have no idea what feelings were going to drive that craving. I kept chanting don't eat. don't eat, don't eat. I sent a text to friends telling them I wanted to eat. I would never have done that in the past - the shame of being such a pig. I know now it's not being a pig it's addiction - the desire to take myself away fromt he clearly difficult feelings - difficult because it's bloody ahrd having over eaten - the self hatred. So if I'd rather feel that than deal with the driving emotions then they must be bad.
It's certainly linnked with my terrible judgement s of myself, my high demands, my lack of elf-worth.
Anyway I got through the cravings with help from supporting friends and now I am going to bed.
OA works - eventually
XX

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who is the most positive person I know...he would say - the more you say 'don't eat' the more you will want to eat - because you focus on the word 'eat' because it is the last word...like for children 'don't fall' - and 9/10 times they fall...so - why not say - I am replete or I am full or I am plentifull! Or something that has a positive spin on it. Allan Carr (quit smoking man) used to say the same about 'giving up' smoking - those words make you feel like you are missing or lacking something but if you use the word Stop or change conpltely the phrase to 'gaining air' or 'breathing deeply' it works. And you know what - it really does! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete