Saturday 9 July 2011

Getting there

Ramakrishna and Baal Shem Tov goes like this; Ego and depression are crows that nest on the branches of your tree. They fly away when you shake the tree by dancing and singing for God. [I dare add, the inner disco completes the job.]

I like this but ..... I find it difficult to shake off depression. It's clinical. And that means it's brain chemicals so not something that can simply be shaken out. I do agree that as the chemicals start to flow or regulate (with the help of medication) then it is necessary to dance and sing for God and it can come from within.
As for ego - I don't know how ego manifests during depression. I am usually too dark and stuck to see it. I suppose the fact that I just want to leave the planet is a selfish manifestation of ego. I basically can see only gloom and pointlessness. The narrow path, avoiding things and people that are destructive forces. And at the time all I can see is a majoority of people and things that are like that. It feels lonely and difficult. Even so this time I am able to see a bigger picture - God, universe, Higher Power. I am in touch and want to be outta here and simply a spiritual part of it - not having to deal with the narrow path. That's probably ego isn't it?


I have completed a 2nd draft of my essay and altough it will need some rearranging it is such a relief.
I need to get started on question 3 so at least the whole thing is complete ready to finalise with amendments and corrections tomorrow and send.
I will not go to the Write Angle at the West Meon book festical at this rate.
Need to walk LouLou and so on .....

Well lets see how I get on - it's 5pm until 7pm so I could get there for some of it I suppose.

Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment