Saturday 30 July 2011

A little bit of grrrrrr - hahahahahahahaha

Becoming more self aware is a joy to behodl.
I sent an email to a friend eariler today owning that I hadbeen completely wrong about something I was adamant I knew to be right. I checked it out as a seed of doubt was implanted at the time and discovered of course that I was wrong. Embarrassing to me but hey! In my head I am thinking I am always so certain about things and this is just one of many thigns that actually I am often wrong about. A lesson to be learnt about being less adamant and more enquiring but also cutting myself a slack because I do make mistakes sometimes and that's OK. Attitude is something I think I can learn to adjust.
LIke I use in my opinion about things I like and dislike - a revelation in being able to own my opinion - I can also say I think or do you know .....?
Anyway I received an email that aroused a grrrrrr in me. The reply said that my friend hadn;t believed me anyway at the time and blah blah blah. I interpreted by this she thought my email was to impart correct information and that she would have been silly enough to believe me. I did not think that at all. I have a feeling she has a big issue about being taken in and defends against that. This is not the grrr - it's the seemingly misunderstood purpose of my email. But what I have realised the level of grrr I have is actually a layer over the embarrassment I feel. It would not even be a grrrrrrrrr more of an irritation that she seems to have misunderstood my intention.
Anyway I laughed at myself when I stoped to think it all through. I have no need to continue the communication. I can actually truly let it go. There is often this jibe from her and many many times I let it go with no need to explain further. I am not sure if that's rught or wrong to do. Does it mean that the full communciation channels are not open - or is it simply that there is no need to anallyse further.
As I own my embarrassment about the knowledge bit I can laugh more at myself. And ask for help in altering the way I present myself. I do no ever want to appear arrogant or egotistical as I do find it distasteful in others. I think I would just like to practice being more enquiring instead.

So whilst I needed to keep a record of this as otherwise I forget it seems the littel lessons I get along my path, it was also a grand deviation from the essay I am attempting to draft.

 
“...the straightforward account of classical conditioning ... is quite easy to explain on the basis of simple changes in synapses” Describe the simple changes and discuss the extent to which all forms of learning can be explained by these simple synaptic changes.
The thing is the information in the books puts it so succinctly it seems silly to re-write it in my own words - tee heeeeeee hahahahahaha. It's ONLY a 1000 words. And then I have loads of reading to do on a subject that should interest me greatly - addiction. And a brief essay and some questions.
So useful this course in understanding the very basics of what is occurring in the brain and body as we go ab out being human.
Amazing. Utterly amazing.

Bliss
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment