Wednesday 12 October 2011

Sick Bed Films

Yep! Still ill!! It's hooooorrrrriiiiiblie. Lemsips and loads of comfort foods. My kindly neighbour got some paracetemol for me as I was running out. I have now moved on to the runny nose stage and a building catarrh taste which terrifies me as it seems familiar - bronchitis. I have not had bronchitis since I gave up smoking which I think was 2004 perhaps. I was still working at ANA so I really think it might have been 7 years ago - blimey! That fateful day when SH was wanting to give up. I had bronchitis which left me unable to get upstairs as I could not breathe an d was having to sleep sitting up. BUT still heading for the back door a dolly step at a time to light up a cigarette. So addicted! I was alarmed at myself and then I gave up a minute at a time. And I would hope that I will never pick one up again a day at a time. Moer so than alcohol or drugs - I never ever want to smoke cigarettes again. I suspect if I was drinking alcohol I would probably end up smoking.
So I ache. My ankles were aching this morning making it difficult to walk and I was giddy too. I keep getting hot then cold. Yuch! It's a full on whatever it is.

So I have written as per the little online OU writing course. That's been interesting and fun. I would love to receive feedback from people but M is busy and E is also emotionally busy. J gave me some good comments which is helpful and encouraging. I hope she writes somethign as she has such a wonderfully colourful imagination and way with words. She so under estimates herself.

Today I watched Four Lions and The Hangover. Both funny in parts.
The Hangover was surprisngly more entertaining than I thought it  would be. I did think of Martin Clunes film Staggered in which his stag night turns out to be a nightmare awakening when he discovers he is naked and in Scotland. The film is about his journey back to make the wedding. In this case 4 huys go off for a stag night in Las Vegas. Waking up to Armageddon they start to realise a catalogue of distructive events and they have lost the groom.

 






Cast
Bradley Cooper
Ed Helms
Zach Galifianakis
Justin Bartha
Heather Graham
Directors
Todd Phillips

Four Lions was an extraordinarlily brave non-PC film I thought. Tackling the subject of terrorism or in this case they think they are making a political statement in favour of the jihadists. It is funny and also sad. I laughed at the upside down clown and the squat jogs. Also the guys running about in costumes, especially the upside down clown. And firing at a p,ane incompetently so that it backfires and bombs a jihadist village - later announced as a accidentally killing Bin Laden.  Yes there were a nmber of funny moments. They are idiots basically but also there is friendship and idiocy. Crazy brave idea for a film.





Cast
Riz Ahmed
Kayvan Novak
Nigel Lindsay
Adeel Akhtar
Arsher Ali
Preeya Kalidas
Directors
Chris Morris


Bliss
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment