Wednesday 12 October 2011

Twirling flu

How about, Bliss, next time you go to work, the mall, or a labyrinth, you glide, slide, and twirl a bit? Wink, smile, and wave? Dip, bend, and high-five? Strut, saunter, and beam?
Just a bit?
Teeny, tiny?  
    The Universe

When I feel well I do this from time to time. I have a flipping fluey cold. I ache and feel giddy. My head hurts, my nose is blocked, my throat is sore and my chest is tickly so I cough every so often, which hurts my sore throat. So in my mind I wink and twirl but physically I can even walk properly.
Every year about this time October or November I come down with something. I have noticed this over the past 5 years. And I wonder if a shift in hormones happens leaving more vulnerable to all the colds and flus that buzz around at this time of year.
It's a nuisance. Especially as the P Group do not pay sick leave. I hate the way this country is going. More and more companies are adopting this mean attitude. Lord Beveridge fought for rights for employees and this Government is allowing that all to change. We are reverting back to the 1930's is so many ways now. The great depression. I have huge feelings about this. I feel hard down by for sure and a mounting fear. But I feel powerless and with that comes hopelessness. The small people cannot combat with the super powers and those are the ones with the money - the employers. It is awful.
So many people are stuck in these horrible situations.
When I get accredited I am going to work harder at setting up a private practice. Yes that will mean if I don't work I don't get paid. However, it does mean I am not in the control of uncaring people. I suppose it will be just as scary so then I could have a little of both. Employed and self-employed too.

Bliss
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment