Friday 7 September 2012

The Set Aside Prayer

Dear God, Let me set aside everything I think I know about you, about me, about this way of life, and about these steps, for an open mind and a new experience of you, of me, of this way of life and of these steps. Amen

well speaking with H was interesting. As I talked about my thoughts and feelings she said that she noticed a lot of story in what I was saying. The messages from the past being repeated by saying things like this means that and if I don't do this it will cause that.
I was referring to work and the resentment that I'd been feeling and also the detachment I feel and then believing I am incapable, a failure, not good enough.

So she mentioned using the set aside prayer.... It's a great prayer. I should like to use it more often. There must be a creative way to utilise this and bring into my every day. Not just recite it but action it.

So Dear God, please help me to set aside these beliefs that if I don't complete all my work I'll appear as a failure and be judged by others. Help to set aside my blame too that actually we need more staff.
I have no doubts about this way of life I'm living through this fellowship I am now more engaged with. I want to keep an open mind to everything.
I am trying to be opne to simply experiencing life as it is and go with the flow. Then I can let go of rigidity with your help God. Thank you.

The other things that really struck me in our conversation was that she too gets really excited easily. I do and I get almost over excited and this is then followed by a massive crash. Now these I think are labelled as Bi-polar. Whether it is or isn't, does it really matter. What does the label actually achieve? The point is in having identified the behaviour, finding ways to manage it differently from the over stimulation that can evoke the high.


And as far as wanting a need for more study time amidst being able to work and have enough money I really liked H's prayer to God.
Dear God this is in my heart right now ad can you show me the way forward please. Amen.
I am sure there was more to it tha that. But it is sort of identifying what's there in my hearts desire and then handing it over to God. It's good to be given words to pray for these things.

So God, I do have this studying in my heart and would like to have more time to really engage with it but at the same time become fearful of having enough money as well. Please I hand this over to you to show me the way forward. And hopefully give me the strength to action and manage what you show me. Thank you god Amen.

Bliss
XX

Bliss
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment