Tuesday 26 April 2011

I met a man who met a man who killed his daughter

picture of James H. Fallon

I was just listening to Prof Fallon who through his own biological psychology research discovered that he has the brain of a psychopath. There are certain physiological structures within the brain that are common. It seems common that psychopaths do not engage easily or emotionally with other people. And by chance Prof Fallon came across a distant relative that had been researching their family history. He learnt about a relative who murdered a family member. And then another was revealed and another and another. He did some research with closer family members and they had to agree that he was certainly more detached than some other people. I thought he was so honest. The question then is whether he is predisposed to actually murder?? Scary. But of course apart from the very rare disease that will happen regardless of whether the genetics are wired for it, pretty much every other condition, whether present in the genes, the environment in which one is living may or may not trigger the condition. So the fact that Prof Fallon was brought up in a loving and fairly functional family, he feels has been the greater influence. However, it is interesting that certain characteristics are present such as the sense of detachment his family have sited.

So it reminded me of the man I met who told me that his daughter had introduced her new boyfriend. And as soon as this man shook hands with the boyfriend, he knew that this young man was going to murder his daughter. Two weeks later his daughter was murdered. The murderer was the boyfriend!
I felt so sad for this man. He was utterly believable. I know that I have sensed things and they have then become fact.
I knew my dad was going to buy me a horse about 2 months prior to him buying me my horse. I was about 12 years old. The fact that he went on to use it as emotional and mental blackmail forever after .... Actually I wonder if the conditions of my childhood have anything to do with an acute awareness of even a stir in the air that is not usual. Mind you my mum was ultra sensitive to things - she knew something was wrong when I was 7 yrs old and came a strange route to find me - a route I would never have normally taken. Maybe it is inherited??
With JH I knew things even if I wasn't absolutely certain of the detail. He was always shocked about me knowing what was going on. I hated being so aware.
This man had felt so guilty that he didn't do anything to stop the boyfriend killing his daughter. He did say as he shook the mans hand "don't do anything to harm my daughter".
He is having counselling as he feels overwhelmed by his guilt.
I would like to pray for that man that he might find some peace in his mind and soul to forgive himself and grieve the loss of his daughter with healing.

Bliss
x

2 comments:

  1. We all have intuition that we can tap into, but not all of us use it or even try to understand that we have it and can use it. For some it is a burden and others a gift. I feel very sad for that man that he was not able to trust his intuition enough, in order to save his daughter, but the reality is that she probably would have died anyway. Poor, poor man, to be feeling such guilt. We have to learn to stay aware, mindful and in tune with a higher power and listen to the little voices inside us. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree entirely. I think I hav strong intuition and am beginning to trust it more and more. I don't always understand the messages immediately. Of course this current state I am in is a big block to anythign at all. Hence it's a hindrance to me doing my job too.

    ReplyDelete