Sunday 5 August 2012

The Future




Hmmm I must say I got a little bored as I watched this. The write up says that the adoption of a cat changes the entire course of this couples life. Well I'm not sure I made that connection from it. Their lives changed but I didn't see how the cat had anything to do with that. I am missing something obviously. I was hopeful for the cat who was just waiting, waiting , waiting whilst they got on with their fay ways.
Empire gave it 4 stars so I'm going to read their review and see if I missed what they are very highly suggesting was there.



"Lookalike couple Sophie (July) and Jason (Linklater) have a relationship crisis when they realise they have 30 days until they are due to adopt a stray cat named Paw-Paw. Venturing out into the world to enjoy their last month of absolute freedom, they each encounter someone who will change their lives more profoundly than the presence of a mere cat." Empire.
Directed by MIranda July and starring Miranda July with Hamish Linklater.



Well that's not entirely how I saw it at all. The link with the cat seems to me to be so tenuous. Almost an aside. So I'm surprised that the 30 days prior to the cat's due date is the cause of them meeting people that will influence them. However, I do see that the encounters were of incredible influence. I think Linklater's encounter was a whole lot more principled but I did like the posit that the couple are in very early days of their relationship and that bad things will happen but these will be things that can strengthen their relationship if they can work through them. Yes I could truly see that. 
I would say there were some moments in it. But to be honest nowhere near as good as Me, myself and me. Was that what it was called?
No it was Me You and Everyone We Know.
I admire Miranda's tenacity though. She has made a name for herself, forging herself into the film making business. Almost single handed. That I cannot find fault with and I admire her for it. I am probably missing something about her film/s. Just not getting something.


Bliss
XX



No comments:

Post a Comment